Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Weber never goes over 325

Posted by drew_ma (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 4, 08 at 19:34

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience with the Spirit E-310 LP model? After 45 minutes, the grill fails to reach high temperature as expected - all 3 burners set at High. I have had a similar Weber for about 15 years and it easily reached 500 deg C.

I did notice that its burners only have 'one' row of holes instead of the two on my original Weber Genesis. I did try a new full tank of gas and same problem. The troubleshooting guide was not helpful.

I would be very surprised (and disappointed) if this grill is so poorly designed that it will not go over 325.

The box says not to return to store. I'm going to call Weber on Monday.

Thank you, Drew

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Weber never goes over 325

Just read your post. Have same model as yours and it hits 500 in five minutes. Very strange.

o

Hi,

Call Webber's 800 # in the front of your book. The regulator needs to be reset and they will walk you through it. I had the same problem and had the instructions written down. I gave my Webber away last year along with the book and can't remember the steps required.

o

reset steps can be found here:

http://www.weber.com/bbq/pub/support/gasfaq.aspx

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here