SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thibeaultstable

Roasting in a DCS Grill.

ann_t
21 years ago

I recently started to cook in/on my grill in ways that I had never done before. Because it has been hot here recently and I did not want to add to the heat in the house by turning on the oven, I cooked a roast of beef on the rotisserie and while the meat was resting, I baked Yorkshire puddings on one side of the grill with just the other side turned on. Came out perfect. Last night I made baked potatoes the same way I would have if done in the oven. I rubbed with some oil and coated in salt and then placed them on the side of the grill that was turned off. I usually cook in the oven on high heat but the potatoes cooked even faster on the grill. Tonight I have a chicken roasting in a pan, again on the turned off side of the grill and this time I added a thermometer to monitor the temperature. Even with the burner on one side set to medium high, the gage is reading over 600°F. The chicken is happily roasting away and even though it is over 6 pounds I am sure it will be done in about 1 hour.

I have had this grill for about 4 years now and I have always been impressed with its performance but even more so now. Might have to use the grill as an oven more often.

Ann.

Comment (1)

Sponsored