Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oh what to buy.. Weber or Broil Mate... Please Help!!

Posted by dan_2007 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 5, 08 at 18:47

Okay, I am looking at the following bbq's and looking for some help on what one to pick:

1. Weber Spirit E210 $389 plus rotisserie $100 = $489
Weber Link
2. Broil-Mate 78618 $499 rotisserie & side burner included
Broil-Mate Link
Now people from the USA make scoff at the prices but in Canada we get screwed on a lot of products even though the US-Canadian dollars have been basically at par for a while. I cook for two 90% of the time and 4-6 maybe a couple times a year so cooking area is not really an issue. Anyone have either one of these bbq's?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oh what to buy.. Weber or Broil Mate... Please Help!!

Personally - I prefer a nice charcoal Weber.... Not much help but I've been rather successful.

See link below for my pics of my Weberful cuisine......

Here is a link that might be useful: Weber Grilling.

o

I actually am currently using a Weber Charcoal kettle and it works wonderfully. I am looking to add a propane grill just for the conviance of it. A lot of the time there is just not enough time to get the chimney going plus cooking time. I guess I want the best of both worlds, the speed of firing up a gas grill for every day grilling and the taste, as well as experience of the charcoal on special occasions. I also grill very often and go though more then 300lbs of charcoal a year, this is a bit of a price operation.

o

For what you plan to use it for, have you considered the Weber Q300 propane grill? I got one a few months ago, and it works great! Like you, I cook for the two of us most of the time, but when we have company there is plenty of room on this grill for everything. I know it has a larger grill area size than my Weber 22 1/2" charcoal kettle. I really like it, it fits what I use it for!
Good luck with whatever you decide on.
kcred

Here is a link that might be useful: Weber Q300 grill

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here