Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help!!! I need to find a Virco Classic

Posted by janieb22 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 28, 02 at 15:11

My husband fell in love just over a week ago! We went to Costco here in Ontario and saw the Virco Classic barbeque. It was love at first sight. Unfortunately, we didn't buy it then and there and now the store is sold out as are all of the Costco stores in Ontario from what we've been told. We're in the Toronto area, so driving to one of the close States is possible. Does anyone know where we can find one of these beauties close to home? Are they only sold by Costco? Any help or information is much appreciated.
Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help!!! I need to find a Virco Classic

I can tell you that they are sold ONLY by Costco. I would recommend that you simply call the stores that are within driving distance and see if they can give you information as to when they expect more. If you get lucky as I did, you may find a manager that would hold one for you if they know you are coming a fair distance to get one. I ended up driving 600 miles round trip for mine. Good luck.

o

Janie,

There don't appear to be any Costco's in the Buffalo area, but there are a number in the Detroit area. That is only a 4 hour drive from Toronto so you might try calling one of them.

Also, have you tried Quebec. Montreal is a bit of a hike but you could always make a weekend of it. One of my favourite places to visit.

Just an idea.

Ann.

o

Thanks for those who gave us some tips. We found a grill in Michigan (there are more at other stores) and drove down to get it on Saturday. Definately worth the drive! We cooked our steaks and lobster yesterday and my husband is in heaven! The machine is beautiful!!!

o

Costco is shipping a supply Virco's to southern CA stores in about 2 weeks (Virco is in So CA) according to my spies. I did find one up in Lancaster, CA in the high desert and as of Wed PM there were 30 in Bakersfield CA about 2 hours north of LA. They got a hugh supply for their grand opening. Hope it helps anyone. What a great grill!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here