Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Great Outdoors Smoker

Posted by brnthumbinfl (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 25, 07 at 10:34

I am in heaven! My buddy gave me his smoker. Did St. Lois ribs and a whole chicken sunday. Bought mesquite chips yesterday. Yahoo!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Great Outdoors Smoker

What brand of smoker did you get?

Smoking is a great way to cook! And the flavors are fantastic.

Look online and get some chunks of apple wood, cherry wood and adler. Apple wood goes great with chickens or turkeys.

Wait until you try marinades injected into your foods. Unbelievable stuff!!!!

Enjoy the journey.

eal51 in western CT

o

as the subject says. it's a great outdoors. Box type. has about 5 racks. gas burner with cast iron wood container and seperate water holder. i've been running it just shy of 200 degrees

o

Checked out the Great Outdoors online. Real nice smoker!!! I like the multiple racks.

Best of luck!

Enjoy the journey.

eal51 in western CT

o

I'm hooked now! This weekend I used the mesquite. Smoked baby back ribs - a whole chicken..... and some fish for fish spread. OMG is that ever good. down here, we call fish spread Smack!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here