Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: simple, quick marinade for chicken breasts

Posted by DCDisney (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 3, 02 at 9:59

My step-mother visited once, and marinated boneless chicken breasts, then she grilled them. I can't remember what all she used, except I remember her buying a bottle of plain, old-fashioned Italian dressing from the grocery store, and marinating the meat about an hour, in a ziploc bag, in the refrigerator. I remember the chicken being very moist.

Do you think that's all she used ? And is an hour all that is needed?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: simple, quick marinade for chicken breasts

You can mix up some Good Seasons dry Salad dressing, which I often use and marinate the chicken for a couple of hours.

OR

Although I am generally not a fan of packaged marinades, I use McCormick's Grill Mates zesty chicken marinade. They're sold in dry packets in the marinade section of most grocery stores. I also use the mesquite one. All of them are good and quick - 30 to 60 minutes is all you need. Beef ones are good as well.

Sue

o

I add about 1/4 cup soy sauce to my favorite Italian dressing and sometime a little lime juice. 1 hour will work but the longer the better. The real key is to baste the breast with the marinade while they are cooking. I usually spoon some on the top let them cook then turn them and spoon some more on till they are done.

o

I find that chicken breasts do not need much in the way of marinating. Since chicken is already tender you only need to marinate for a short period of time to add flavour rather than to tenderize.

I rub boneless chicken breasts with minced garlic, dijon mustard, salt, pepper and fresh squeezed lemon, and some olive oil. Let sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Note that lemon juice will cook the meat changing the texture if allowed to marinate for too long.

Another rub that I use with a Greek influence is to rub the breasts with garlic, oregano, olive oil and lemon juice, salt and pepper, let sit again for just 30 minutes or so and then grill.

Ann.

o

Brown sugar,vinegar,soy sauce, garlic powder (or crushed cloves and chopped green onions. Marinate from one hour or longer for stronger flavor. Can be used for beef or chicken.

o

I use equal parts pineapple juice and teriyaki sauce along with a just a little olive oil and some crushed garlic. Marinate for no more than one hour because the acid in the pineapple juice will "cook" the chicken, you get a tough outer layer. I find that the key to moist chicken is to avoid the temtation to cook it too long. Remember that it will continue to cook after you take it off, so take it off sooner rather than later then let it rest for another ten minutes before serving. If it has lost it's translucent look all the way through, it's done.

o

I have a chicken recipe that I love. I marinate the chicken in a plastic bag. The marinade is made from orange juice, lemon juice, parsley, and garlic. It really gives the chicken a nice taste.

o

I use this forchicken wings:

1 part soy sauce
1 part pinapple juice

marinate overnite and bake.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here