Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Member's Mark 48' Grill

Posted by madegg (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 11, 08 at 6:16

My old Charm Glow is on it's last legs. I was at Sam's and saw this grill. 1168 sq in of grill space, searing station, 2 cu ft oven, 99000 BTUs 4 burners for $900. I see that some people here have Member Mark grills. Does anyone have one of these? Do you like it. Is it weather resistant ( I live in Illinois). Any info would be helpful.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Member's Mark 48' Grill

I recommend it, I've had one since 2001 and it is holding strong. Mine was made by Grand Hall, sold by Sam's Club under the Members Mark name. I use it almost daily, and have never covered it. I've had to replace some interior parts that weren't very expensive and the grill base has some rust around the wheels from sitting in snow too long. I'll probably get another 2 years out of it before I decide to upgrade simply for asthetic reasons. If I had covered it regularly, perhaps it would go another 10 years or more.

Here is a link that might be useful: Replacement parts link

o
RE: Member's Mark 48' Grill

I just purchased this grill because Sam's dropped the price to under $700 for their end of the season. You had better have PLENTY of STRONG people to help you get it to where you want it. It weighs over 400 lbs in the crate. VERY well packed. It doesn't require hardly any assembly though. My original Members Mark has given me years of service since I purchased it 5 years ago. I fired the new one up and the temp climbed to 600 really fast. I haven't tried the oven or the sear burner yet. It looks really cool with the blue panel lights on at night. Anyway, I hope this gives me the service my other on did.... BTW I sold my old one to the guy who helped unload it for $150. Makes for a great deal now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here