Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Convert free standing grill to built-in???

Posted by backyard3 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 12, 11 at 1:41

After reading through the old messages on this board, it seems like it is possible to convert a free standing lp grill to a natural gas built-in. But, there is hardly any information about it on these forums; or for that matter the entire web. Why isn't this more popular, especially considering the huge price difference between the types of grills????

Is there anyone out there that has successfully done the conversion, or who can give me a good reason why I shouldn't try? I just can't stomach the idea of shelling out 5K for a built-in grill!

Thanks for your input!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Convert free standing grill to built-in???

First off let me say I'm not a lawyer but its most likely a liability issue.

However, I have read posts of doing this over on the bbq source forum.

Some grill companies (weber for one) have quit selling the LP to NG or NG ot LP conversion kits. I own a Weber but never wanted to convert it to NG. However a couple of my other grills AOG, Holland and Phoenix are convertable and conversion kits are readily available.

At 5K you are out of my league but a nice 36" built in AOG made by RH Petersen same company that makes Firemagic is about half of that.

Jeff

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here