Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for: recipe for bbq beef ribs

Posted by audrey_mi (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 2, 03 at 23:43

I bought these ribs thinking they were pork, but they were not. They are BEEF back ribs, not short ribs. Anyone, have you barbequed these? I need a recipe & time. I have a gas grill. Thanks, Audrey

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: looking for: recipe for bbq beef ribs

Might be too late but check out Bon Apetite's latest BBQ edition. I saw a recipe in there.

o

Thank you Wheely_Boy, but I could not find the Bon Apetite's web site for their BBQ edition. Appreciate your lead. Actually, I finally BBQ'd them according to my pork recipe. On indirect heat for 1 - 2 hrs and used my favorite bbq sauce. They were rare but great. I may never go back to Pork again! Thanks again, Audrey

o

Try browning them in a little oil on top of the stove - just to sear, then add a can of chicken stock, a cup of red wine, couple tablespoons of horseradish & put the pot with th lid on the grill for about 2 hrs - low heat to braise.
Will melt in your mouth......
Works for the short ribs too

o

I cook them all the time on my smoker. Rub onion powder, pepper, and paprika on them. 250 degrees for 4 hours.

o

Thank you everyone.Along with all of your helpful hints, which I appreciate. This is what I finally did. I cut off the extra fat & skin. Heated my gas grill on high. (while I am into rubs, I haven't used one yet) I did not cut them into individual pieces, but half & half of the whole slab. Then I bbq'd them on indirect heat for an hour to 2 hrs. Turning occasionally. The last 1/2 hr, I brushed them with sauce (turning 1/2 way) Yum!! What do you think? Audrey

o

Audry,

With the exception of some dry seasoning up front, your method sounds great. I use garlic powder, Lowery's seasoned salt, pepper and cayenne...

Here's one additional thing to try: After cooking on the grill to the point where the outside is as carmelized as you want, finish the ribs off in the oven. We line a roasting pan with Reynolds Wrap Release foil (to ease cleanup), put the ribs in and add BBQ sauce. (We don't use BBQ sauce while the ribs are on the grill.) Cover the roaster and roast at 350 degF until the ribs are fully cooked. You'll get really tender ribs with that crunchy outsides from the grill, but fully cooked and tender enough to fall off the bone.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here