Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Smoke pan at Walmart...Too Small

Posted by Darkman270 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 20, 02 at 23:30

I looked at the cast iron smoke pan at Walmart tonight. The price is right at $6.96 but the size is too small. Does anyone know of a larger one? I smoked some ribs last week and used two bags of chips. I used the small 3L bags that sell for about $1.50.

Charles in Pensacola

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Smoke pan at Walmart...Too Small

Darkman270,
I saw the ones at Walmart as well. I, myself got the ones from Lowes. They are the same, except I think they fit together nicer. The ones at Walmart seemed to be kind of rough aroung the edges and didn't fit together real well. I had a problem when I first got mine where as it didn't produce much smoke, a little, but the chips seemed to burn more than smoke. Even after soaking in water for an hour. I found the resolution. Take the lid from your smoker box and wrap it tightly in foil, then take your bbq fork and poke twice (four small holes) through the foil and center slots in the box. I found that they were getting too much air, and by doing this and putting the box right on my flame plate above the burner I was able to get about 30 minutes of bellowing smoke from soaked hickory and apple chips. Try this and see how it works for you. Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here