SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tennischick_gw

Sterling Forge gas grill VS Napoleon Prestige II

tennischick
17 years ago

Looking to buy a gas grill with 3 to 4 burners and a rotisserie. Don't really need one with a side burner.Does anyone have any info (good or bad experiences) with these 2 manufacturers? I was looking at the Napoleon Prestige II PT450RB and the Sterling Forge Chateau.

Comments (6)

• devnulll
    17 years ago

any luck with this? I am also interested in the Napolean Prestige II. I email them and they were very responsive however my local reps do not return calls.

From what they told me their Prestige line is made in Canada and their Continental is made in taiwan.

• stmiddlebrooks
    17 years ago

If you go with the Napoleon, then check out zoobler.com. I just bought the Prestige PT600RBI

infrared ceramic burner on one side
    16 gauge stainless steel burners
    stainless steel infrared rear rotisserie burner, with wood chip tray
    Electronic ignition for easy start
    rotisserie with 4 forks and counter balance
    Over 82,500 BTU's
    Main Inrared Burner - 14,000 BTU's
    Main Tube Burner - 42,000 BTU's
    Rear Infrared Burner - 26,500 BTU's
    Total Cooking Surface - 922 sq. in.

I got it at the time for under $1600 with free shipping.

They have the free standing Continental CSS 740 rsb Natural gas only for $1649.
    The Continental 610 Built in head for $799
    The built in Prestige II 450RBI with infrared is $1099 Freestanding is $1273.

Anyway, give them a look. They also carry several other brands.

• devnulll
    17 years ago

I ordered the 450RBI built-in from zoobler.com. It came by freight today. Great and professional company to work with. I dealt with Cindy.

• stmiddlebrooks
    17 years ago

I haven't gotten my bbg island built yet, so I'm still waiting to use mine. If you get to use yours let me know how it does. I dealt with Cindy too. They were very good to work with, and fast too.

• devnulll
    17 years ago

the house framers should be completed and start the building the the island. But I wouldn't get to use it till after CO in Dec.

BTW - I got my vents for the island from Reggio Registers out of NY. If you are building a custom island, the Napolean installation reequires vents if the bottom of your island is enclosed, similar to the pic they have on their website.

I also ordered the charcoal tray and the curve door from zoobler.

• stmiddlebrooks
    17 years ago

We might get ours done before Dec., but there are no guarantees on that since we are doing it ourselves, and deer season starts in Sept, so who knows when my husband will have time to do anything after that. We still have to finish landscaping and build our firepit before we start on the grill area. We've been thinking about the vents, and I've been worried about water getting through them when it rains. We'll have a gap at the bottom where it can drain out, but we are going to put some less expensive refrigerators in the island (instead of the $500-$1000 ones that are specifically made for outdoors), so I'm concerned about the water in that area. We'll raise them up some, but I stll think we need to restrict the water from coming in. Any thoughts on vents that can do this?

We got the charcoal tray too. I thought that was a pretty neat option since we had been looking at doing an additional grill in the island for charcoal. I still think that we will eventually build a smoker though.

I've found some doors that I can order from Lowe's that I think might be a little cheaper. How much was the curved door?

Sponsored