Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grill Cover buying advice request

Posted by mrmichaeljmoore (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 8, 08 at 23:10

Looking for some advice on what to look for in a grill cover.

I just recently purchased a Weber Genesis EP-310 grill and I want to make it last as long as possible.

What materials are best? Vinyl, PVC, Polyester?
Anyone recommend any brands or websites?

Thanks for the help....

Some may wonder why not just purchase the Weber cover??
Well, I did a little bit of reading online....and there seem to be a number of complaints about it. Particularly because it has some air vents on the side of the grill near the top that let water in and the water ends up sitting on the side shelves. So I was therefore looking for an alternative...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grill Cover buying advice request

The best grill cover I've ever purchased is a canvas grill cover with a plastic/pvc lining. I always had trouble with the plastic/vinyl/pvc ones tearing too easily. The canvas cover seems to solve this problem. I don't remember the brand but you should be able to get one at Lowes and maybe even Walmart for 20-30 bucks. Good luck, Greg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here