Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
grill 2 go

Posted by jekurs (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 15, 02 at 21:31

Has anyone tried the new grill 2 go? What do you think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: grill 2 go

I bought one last year, and love it for the portability and a respectable amount of cooking power *if you let it heat up sufficiently*. It takes both large and small propane. Not as much output as a 2 burner Camp Chef type stove (which requires a big propane tank), but once it gets heated up (that is the key, let it heat up good otherwise it won't catch up with a full grill of burgers, etc.!)

I like the fact it came with a full set of teflon-friendly utensils, but the grease catcher is built poorly and prone to breaking off. Once that is gone you have a bit of a mess to deal with. Mine survived a Canyon microburst that blew everything across the camp and bent our tent posts (we were standing up inside doing everything possible to keep from being blown away). The clasp that holds the lid down broke, (the grease catcher container clip had broke previously) but everything else was fine. I think it is made pretty well and has no competitors that I am aware of with that much grill space and portability.

o
RE: grill 2 go

Don't waste your time! Take a look at the Coleman Roadtrip Grill - much better than the grill 2 go. Much more versatile product for slightly more $$ - you can grill, griddle, or cook on a stove-top. More power, too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here