SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
technimac

Dual Kwik Connect Outlet for NG BBQ & Patio heater

technimac
21 years ago

I'm looking for a dual kwick-connect natural gas outlet that will serve both a BBQ and infra-red patio heater. Has anyone had experience installing one of these on a gas stub? I think if a Virco (82000BTU) and the IR heater (50000BTU) were on the same line, the supply pipe would have to be 3/4" threaded iron. I would also like to get a 10' and 15' kwick-connect flex hose to hook-up the BBQ and heater to the outlet. Any known suppliers of these outlets and hoses?

Comments (2)

• bsbbq
    21 years ago

I would agree with your estimate on the pipe size. You might be able to use the 12' hose from Home Depot made by Charbroil for the heater. I know it will fit the bbq (Virco). You will have to check the fitting on the heater, if it is a 3/8" flare fitting, then it should work.
    As far as the "Tee", you should just be able to come off of your 3/4" line with a black iron "Tee" fitting. I know that the quick disconnect hoses have female 3/8" pipe threads on the connection that goes on your house, so if you can reduce this "Tee" to those sizes you should be fine.

• dapperdan
    16 years ago

I have a Virco patio heater, model PTH101 3G. Does anyone know of a dealer that can supply replacement pilot light/igniter assembly for this unit? I can't find Virco on the web.

Sponsored