Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Viro Classic sightings at Costco

Posted by Thomasw_2 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 27, 02 at 18:27

Thought it might be handy to have a thread dedicated to sightings of in stock grills at various Costco stores.

I was at the Aurora CO store today they had just put 3 out for sale

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Viro Classic sightings at Costco

I just bought one of 2 grills in Bloomingdale IL. There are 2 in Oakbrook IL. Thats it in the Chicago area until at least after the 4th of July

o

Hey Dr. Dave! Hi neighbor! (Gosh I know a Dr. Dave!) Oak Brook is "my" store! Was just there yesterday - No grills. I'm planning on going there tomorrow. Prediction: No grills left! :)

o

New shipments have arrived in the Dallas area. Picked up 1 at the Southlake Costco this morning (6 remaining). I've been tracking pending shipments and the other stores in the area (West Plano/East Plano) were scheduled to receive a similar amount.

o

They have nothing in the Oak Brook, IL store yesterday or today.

o

Nothing in NJ either. I just got off the phone with a Costco rep and she said that the company was expecting in 2,400 total and most stores in NJ will be allocated somewhere from 5 - 12. It is not at the central depot that supplies the NJ warehouses yet so the earliest that it will be available at any of the stores is Tuesday.

(I already got mine, but my brother-in-law loved it so much he wants one, we are trying to locate one for him).

o

Use the web site!

o

On Saturday (at store opening) the Bridgewater store in NJ had 5 (4 after we left). Most of the Costco's in NJ were expecting to get them today. The numbers range anywhere from 5 to 18 per store.

Good luck.

o

"On Saturday (at store opening) the Bridgewater store in NJ had 5 (4 after we left). Most of the Costco's in NJ were expecting to get them today. The numbers range anywhere from 5 to 18 per store."

Once again, I must ask,who cares?

You folks really need to leave these poor folks at Costco alone. When the grills come in the grills come in. Cease this annoying tracking of gas grills.

This appears to be a blue collar past time. Most of you seem to be blue collar types who think spending $800.00 on a gas grill affords you some level of status among the blue collar circles you move in. Oh well, to each their own.

o

Looks like the return of the Sage.
Too busy worrying about what other people find interest in and judging them by that.
I wonder why the concern?
enough said..

o

I do not know what is meant by the sage. I came here to find information about the purchase of two gas grills. What I found is people spotting gas grills as if they were bird watching.
Mr. BBSQ, you have no right to personally attack or accuse me. I've done nothing to you.

I have purchased a Virco and am purchasing a Member's Mark on July 5th. I intend to build the Member's Mark into a cooking island with sink, food prep surfaces, refrigerator,storage etc...I am using the Virco around my pool and spa area to cook and serve food near the pool bar and tables.
I find it to be a great grill, but I am puzzled by people discussing where they see them and constantly badgering people that are trying to work in these warehouse clubs.

o

I agree. I think Ipsage = cgirt172. For your information I am not a blue collar worker, but I do appreciate a good value when I find one. And my understanding of a blue collar worker is a hard working individual trying to make a positive contribution to this world we live in.

Everyone who frequents these boards gets some value out of it. And some of us try to return some of this by contributing back so that others can benefit as we have from the collective knowledge of those that use this site.

You keep saying "who cares" yet you are the one that keeps coming to this board and critizing people for tracking the availability of a grill. Since you already purchased your supposed Virco grill and you are so opposed to people who have already purchased a grill using this board why are you doing the same? If you already have your grill what are you doing on the Virco Grill Sightings message board?

Ipsage go home.

o

Cgirt/lpsage/cgesage/whatever,

Unless you work for Costco I don't understand why you are so concerned about people asking Costco about a product availability. I don't think Costco minds one bit for people to inquire about products - but it appears to me that YOU are badgering US about a perfectly harmless discussion. If you don't want to hear about it, then just stay out of these threads, please. Nobody if forcing you to read any of this.

Also your plan to convert a free-standing grill into a built-in sounds a bit flakey to me. Why not get a grill that was designed for being built-in?

o

lpsage, Thirsten Howell the 3rd, whatever. Your phonetics and blue collar reference (what does that have to do with anything) definitlely prove the sick mind of lpsage is back trolling the Virco forum. Also your obsession as to why people are posting on this while you yourself are taking so much time to obsess about us sorry small-minded folk. Definitely lpsage, but nice try.

OK, in line with this forum purpose...Costco Orem UT had about 5 units left as of 6/28. Costco SouthTowne/Sandy is all out.

FYI Cgirt/lpsage, most of us actually visit Costco for other purchases, just making note as is the purpose of this thread. If you want to start a thread on building in a Virco, (though I doubt you really got one) the why don't you do that. Post some pictures as well. I'm sure you can put it right next to your double wide as the aluminum exterior should handle the heat just fine (oh that is another thread...) If you really did get a Virco, then I certainly do understand the name change.

o

None in Dung City, VA.
None in Delray Beach either.

Definitely none in Central New Jersey(the Garden State!).Although there were four seen on Communipaw Ave. in Jersey City.

There were seven seen slowly rolling around the Tucson, AZ store on Grant Ave. It seemed Yaqui Indian spirits had possesed them for a spell.

Nowwwwwwwww I get it! This feels good!!!

o

And now I get it. Does "CGIRT" stand for Certified Grill IRritanT?

o

CGIRT = Ipsage. Have no doubts. Think about it he joined on June 30, 2002 right around the time Mr. Ipsage was banned.

It does not take a rocket scientist to figure that out. I really wonder what his obsession is with bashing Virco?

o

I still do not understand the reference about sage,ipsage etc...Must be a forum insiders joke.
I am certainly not bashing Virco Sir! I just bought one.
I had no difficulty getting one either and I see them each time I go to Costco for something(s). I simply do not see any compelling reason to report that to anyone immediately upon my return.

I am eyeballing a digital camera purchase at Costco of all places. I have held out for awhile and am glad I did. The prices seem to be dropping weekly.

Costco has a Toshiba for $200.00 that seems to be a very good one.

Should I opt to purchase it in the near future, I will be happy to share the photos of my Virco and the Member's Mark built-in setup once I purchase the Member's Mark and complete the outdoor kitchen project.

o

lpsage, your trying too hard In your "dung city" post above you basically admitted such...

...Plus you are going to build in the Members Mark?!!? Give me a break, if you have a bar, pool, spa, then why not build in a second Virco or a drop-in unit for that matter? At least you won't have to worry about the steel in contact with mortar, etc.. which is a definite rust concern (I did rock work in a past blue-collar life).

As you should know if you actually had one, the Virco kicks Members Mark all over the place for build quality and NG setup, and since cost is not the prime concern over value (Mr. White collar) the choice should be clear.

Just curious, what advantages are there to your Members Mark?? (this should be good ;-)

o

There is no way cgirth, I mean cgirt bought a virco or he
would'nt want the MM. No virco's in Bloomfield Hills Costco
today.

o
RE: Virco Classic sightings at Costco

3 in boxes at the Park Meadows store in Colo today.

o
RE: Virco Classic sightings at Costco

CO: 3 at Arvada store Monday, 4 at Westminster store this evening.

o

No Virco's in New York or New Jersey, they claim 2400 are on order and that is for the entire Northeast. I am waiting in anticipation.
-g-

o

Just purchased one in the Kendall & 137ave Costco (Florida).
Cant wait to take out play with it in the afternoon...

o

o

I am new to this forum and I must say that the bantering between some of the readers is quite hysterical. Do I dare follow such wit? Well, here goes.

From what I have read, I feel comfortable with my decision to purchase a Virco. I am a firefighter and we use our current unit endlessly at the station. Our two year old one is falling apart. Its time to upgrade to something that will last.

After reading the previous threads, it seems that I need to be almost as lucky as winning the lottery in order to find a unit in stock (CA, Bay Area).

I must ask, why hasent anyone suggested purchasing a unit 'on line'? I would appreciate any input from anyone who has gone through this mail order process and if they recommend it.

Thanks

o

I think it would be because of the $224.00 freight and the 4-6 week lead time.

o

tgarde,

Well, San Leandro is out of them, but you might try the Danville Costco. They generally seem to have items that other ones lack. Also if you go to the service desk at any Costco they should be able to find out which branch has them in stock.

The rotisserie on the Virco is great. I just roasted a 14 lb turkey on mine last Saturday. Came out great.

Good luck!

o

I have been monitoring the estimated arrival of 9 units for our Westbury, NY store. Apparently when I blinked yesterday, 3 came in and 3 went out. They now have no estimated date for the remaining 6.

Seems I missed the boat for this season.

Sue

o

Call any of your local Costcos and one of the managers will look up the status of orders for the grills at any of the stores in the area, or the state for that matter. I did this several times (at several stores) and the Costco personnel were always extremely helpful. I was able to learn which stores ordered them and the status of the orders right up until 6 landed on the loading dock at the Norwalk store (near L.A.). I drove over and got there before they had even gotten from the back area to the display area. A manager put my name on one, put it up front away from the display and I picked it up the next day. Costco rules! Good luck!

o

$224 in shipping? Yikes! It looks like I'll be stalking my local Costco's along with everyone else. Thanks for the input everyone.

todd

o

Called Costco again after seeing Clovercp's post. They had one left (even though they said they had none this morning).

Jumped in the car and nabbed the LAST ONE! Didn't fit in the Trailblazer so I called my painter who was painting my living room and he came with his van.

It is now safe in my driveway until we unload it. Now I can relax and let my pulse return to normal.

I'm sure I'll have some questions after we put it together. I know already that the knob is missing for the side burner (although it may be in the box - still have to check).

Thanks everyone!

Sue

o

NEW JERSEY ---

HAZLET had 5 on 7/8 at 6PM (And 4 at 6:05PM -hehe-). They did not put them out on the floor yet at that time - GOOD LUCK!!!

o

Heh...too late. I believe I got the last one in Hazlet....picked it up at 7:00 PM on 7/9. ;)

For those in the NY/NJ area, willing to drive a bit, you might want to check the Harrisburg, PA warehouse. They are expecting 4-6 grills today or tomorrow at the loading docks.

Other than that, one CostCo rep (Edison?) said that they are expecting another shipment in mid - late August in time for the Labor Day weekend...

o

Well, to join the fun and excitement here, the St. Peters, MO store just got six Classic's in. I've been calling for six weeks and I have one being held for me. Now I can actually go see it with my own eyes and make a decision. I am pretty sure I am getting one though, since I am taking a friend and his pick-up with me. Finally, a new grill!

o

Saw one in Edison, NJ 7/9 at 6:30PM

o

Five new units at Bloomfield Ills MI store at 11:00 am.

o

3 New units at Oak Brook, IL today. One opened. They haven't had these since the first of May when I bought mine.

o

Spotted three grills at San Leandro, CA Costco today. One out of box, complete, the other two still in boxes.

o

As of Saturday afternoon, the Costco in Durham NC had at least the display model left. They had 18 on order, received a shipment of 6 on Wednesday 7/31 (one of which I snagged)and had sold at least 3 by the end of that day. Also saw a post from someone that had bought one in Durham on Thursday I think.

Good Luck

o

There are 2 at the store in Aurora CO

o

I think that the shortage seems to be abating. I bought one
last week. The store had six (Oxnard CA). They told me that
they had fifty more on order. Seems like some stores, at
least, got the word that the demand is there.

o

I think perhaps also the supply is catching up with the slowing demand. Back in June, four Vircos disappeared rather quickly from my local Costco, within a week. No doubt people were getting ready for the big 4th of July weekend. This month, three units have been sitting for weeks, although I expect they will start to move as people prepare for the Labor Day weekend.

o

Hi All, Just wanted to inform you all that the Virco grills are still showing-up in the Costco warehouse stores in the West. I purchased mine on 11/6/02 from the store near my home in San Jose, CA. Cheers, Jeff 18

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here