Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Shish-ke-bob marinating recipes

Posted by meagain (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 14, 02 at 18:02

I'm planning on making shish-ke-bobs Sunday.

Does anyone have any killer recipes for a good marinade?

A few years ago, I had one at a tailgate party from an "Aussie grill recipe book"? It consisted of mustard, soy, honey??, etc. Was pretty good but I lost the recipe.

Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Shish-ke-bob marinating recipes

I make chicken Shish-ke-bobs or chicken Souvlaki by cutting the chicken breasts into cubes and threading on to skewers. I then rub the chicken with crushed garlic, oregano, salt, pepper and some olive oil and fresh squeesed lemon juice. Let sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour and then grill.

If you want to marinate longer do not add the fresh lemon juice until the last hour as the lemon juice will "cook" the meat and change the texture.

When I do beef shish-ke-bobs, I use beef tenderloin and marinate in garlic, chopped onions, parsley, fresh thyme or rosemary, red wine, olive oil and salt and pepper. I grill these to medium rare.

Ann.

o
RE: Need Shish-ke-bob marinating recipes

We made shashlik for hubbys birthday. His favorite. We use lamb but beef would be good too. You cut up meat into cubes.
In a bag use red wine, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and bit of salt. Also cut up bacon strips,thick kind, into thirds. Put all of this into bag, with the meat... mix well, let sit overnight. Put on skewers and then bbq. doesn't take long on hot grill maybe 5 to 7 minutes for rare... very, very good. I dont' use measurements for the seasonings, for 1/2 bottle (BIG BOTTLE) of wine, a good sprinkling of each seasoning.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here