Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kamado Joe

Posted by djh64 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 24, 09 at 17:58

Does anyone know anyone that has a Kamado Joe Ceramic cooker. It is new to the market and is a direct competiter to the Big Green Egg. Comes with cart and shelves and nearly fully assembled unlike the BGE which has to be purchased and assembled from about 20 pieces plus hardware. As a bonus it is red and not green. I would think it would cook just like the Egg.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kamado Joe

djh64,

Don't have a Kamado Joe, but might shed some light on the EGG. Really not much assembly with and EGG. There might be 20 pieces if you are counting the nest and side tables. Egg consists of dome, lower half, fire ring, firebox, ceramic grate, cooking grate, rain cap, ceramic feet(3). Options are thermometer and daisy wheel, nest, side tables and bands for the basic set up. Concerning colors I have seen BGE's in green and blue. About putting the BGE together it is straight forward and not difficult at all.

If colors really interest you you might want to look at Grill Dome they offer red, black, green, blue and sometimes orange and yellow.

Or if you want a tile variant look at the straight stick Kamado. Primos are pretty much black/gray (never seen any other colors) and Imperial Kamados only ever seen one of them and it was red. Haven't seen a Kamado Joe yet.

I have a couple of ceramic cookers (three different manufactures) they all cook alike, food tastes the same out of each. You cant go wrong with ceramic they are awesome.

V/R
Jeff
GO NAVY
Fly Navy

o

Check this site:

Here is a link that might be useful: Kamado Corporation

o

Anyone else have one of these? If so, where is the best place to buy it? I saw it on Amazon, but the dimensions listed there were confusing and did not give the diameter of the cooking grill.

Lars

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here