Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pork Pork Roast

Posted by bsbbq (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 13, 02 at 15:22

Does anyone have a good recipe to slow cook a roast like this? I want to cook one this weekend on my Virco and I am going to do some experimenting with slow, indirect smoking. Is this a good selection of meat for pulled pork? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I will post my results for all to see at:

http://www.equinoxcs.com/Grillingweb/index.htm

Thanks, bsbbq

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pork Pork Roast

For a 5-6 lb boston butt or shoulder, combine 1 Tbl salt, 1/2 Tbl pepper, and 5 `cloves minced garlic, a little less if you prefer.

Cub slits deep into pork and rub with the salt, pepper and garlic.

Soak hickory chips in water, place in alum foil, seal tightly, poke holes around the top, and place over coals.

Cook for 6 hours or more until done.

****I usually, the last hour or so, place the roast in cast iron skillet covered, in oven at 250, and let it cook till it falls off the bone.

And serve with your favorite bbq sauce on the side.

BTW, the drippings from skillet makes wonderful gravy for leftover open face pork sandwiches.

o
RE: Pork Pork Roast

Thanks for the input. I will try it out this weekend and add the recipe to my new website. http://www.equinoxcs.com/Grillingweb/index.htm

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here