Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
$500 to spend on a gas grill ....

Posted by dwyerkg (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 25, 02 at 14:53

what would you get? what accessories? Is a cover needed?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: $500 to spend on a gas grill ....

If that was all of the money that I could spend on a grill, I would probably look at a unit from "Great Outdoors". Very solid, lots of cast metal and even cast brass burners with a 25 year warranty. Weber also makes a nice product in that price range and are widely available.

o

I also was looking to buy a Grill recently. (See my recent post the Weber Comparison). At a price under $500, the two grills that seemed the most attactive to me were the Weber Silver Genesis C and the top of the line Kenmore premium grill. For the reasons I outline in my post, I am very happy with with my Weber purchase dicision. Although, I do not have any actual experience with the Kenmore Grill on Sale at Sears for $ 499. It looked very interesting for the following reasons:

1) It is also manufactured by Grand Hall like the Member Mark Grill.

2)It has many attactive stainless steel components and it seems to be very well built.

3) It has slightly more BTU's than my Weber for a similiar surface area, so it should get plenty hot if you live in a moderate area.

4) It seems to have more features for less money that the Kenmore Elite Model.

5) Most noteably: it has an IR Rotisserie Burner and and a smoker box that allows you to add wood chips without opening the grill.

It you like the stainless steel look, are determined to stay under $500, you don't mind a short warranty period or live in a area were rust can be a problem, then the Kenmore seems like a good product.

For me, I am very happy with my Weber and would not go back and buy any other unit in this price range.

Good luck with your purchase decision.

o

Take a look at the Aussie at Lowe's. I sure like mine.
Dick

o

Or the uniflame at Walmart. Only $300, so you can go buy a couple of hundred dollars on good food to cook on your new grill.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here