Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Virco: NG conversion viods Liability & New Shipment

Posted by alexlee (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 24, 02 at 14:13

Thanks to all for the great posts on the Virco "The Classic" grill. I finally found one last Friday.
I called Virco today about the Natural Gas conversion kit & they said the NG conversion viods the liablity. Does any one know what this means?

Also, They said the a boat load of new grills should be arriving in the US by the end of June. So check back with your 3 or 4 closest Costco's for arrival info.
Note, some Costco's will get more grills & some won't, at least here in Los Angeles, that's why I suggest you try several

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Virco: NG conversion viods Liability & New Shipment

The NG/Liability may mean that if the unit explodes after you convert it to natuarl gas, they don't want to hear about it.

However, I suspect, depending on your state consumer laws, that if any mishap or injury that occurs that can be traced to a manufacturing or design defect could be assigned to Virco as a liability, regardless of what the paperwork that accompanies the kit says. I'm not a lawyer so don't take this as legal advice.

Virco also would have no control over faulty natural gas building lines or extensions, so maybe this is what they are most concerned about, as well as improper kit installation.

I think there is more danger in going from a natural gas setup to a propane setup, however, as propane packs 2.5 times the BTU's per volume as natural gas, and it's at a lot higher pressure, so if you hood up propane to a unit set up for natural gas, you can wind up melting it down or worse.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here