SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mstephens86

Sharing Virco Successes

mstephens86
21 years ago

Hi All,

I thought it would be nice to share cooking experiences with our new Virco Grills. I bought mine on May 6, see post under "NEW Stainless Grill at Costco (virco), and as promised here is my follow up on cooking.

After one month of use I still just love it. The first few things I cooked were fatty items Like hamberger & brats. I did this to "season" the grill. Then I cooked many delicate things like fish and vegi's. All came out perfect, No over cooking or dryness due to hot spots- that has always been a problem for me in the past. Last week end i cooked a huge sirloin roast 10+ pounds. I made a dry rub of Seasoned salt, garlic, black pepper, rosemary, onion powder. I let it stand for a couple hours, then I threw it on the pre-heated grill 450-500 degrees for 15-20 mins. This is to sear the out side. When the grill got to temp. I accually turned off the center burner but keep the left and right one on. I did this so i would not burn the bottom. After the 15-20 minutes, I then turned dow the heat to 300 degrees. 2 hours later it was done to medium. The top was down, and there was no flare ups or hot spots. I never had to adjust the burners after it turned it down. I let it rest for 30 minutes, The roast was pink inside but not bloody. I was good.

For the people asking why did I do a roast, I live in AZ, the temp. here is 109 last weekend and I did not want to use the oven inside the house. Now that this roasting experience went so well I will be cooking/roasting alot more.

mark

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia