Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Imperial Outdoor Products of Ontario CA

Posted by KJSherry (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 29, 02 at 11:56

I agreed to purchase an outdoor barbecue island from IMPERIAL OUTDOOR PRODUCTS at the Ventura County Homeshow in October of 2001. The were supposed to deliver it before Thanksgiving, two days before Thanksgiving they called and said they could not deliver. We heard NOTHING from them after that until we started calling them. In February 2002 I asked for my deposit back and they refused, I have a court judgement against them for the money. I would advise anyone doing business with Ontario Outdoor Products to make sure they get what they ask for.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Imperial Outdoor Products of Ontario CA

Hi,
What I would suggest you first contact your local Better Business Bureau and file a complaint regarding your dealings with this Company.
Then check with your State and local Department of consumer protection. Should your DCP have a fraud or fraudulent contracter division file again your complaint with them, and you will most likely have some type of positive action, a total refund or your Island
I don't know where your located, but if a person or company accepts payment for an item or service, and does not make any attempt to deliver, becomes a larceny which is a criminal proceeding.

Good Luck
Tom

o
RE: Imperial Outdoor Products of Ontario CA

Oh yeah. BBB really works. Definately make the report. They recovered $450 for me when I received a faulty product and the company wouldn't return my money. It only takes a few minutes to enter the report at their website www.bbb.org and they REALLY do contact the company on your behalf, and quite promptly I might add.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.bbb.org

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here