Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Members Mark BBQ Assembly

Posted by tacretired (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 22, 02 at 10:43

I am assembling my Members Mark BBQ and have two questions. The Model Number is Y0101XC.

The picture of the flame tamers in the instructions is not clear. Do I place them wide slot up or narrow slot up?

Also, on the grill back mounting there appears to be holes for 5 screws and nuts - mine only came with two holding the back burners in place. Should I have five?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Members Mark BBQ Assembly

You can put the flame tamers in either way. When I first assembled mine over a year ago, I put the tamers in with the small opening up. My thinking was that with the larger opening up it could act like a funnal and allow more dripping to get below an possibly flare up. But since then, when ever I give the grill a good cleaning, I clean off the flame tamers and flip them over. This allows the burners to burn away any extra grease. So faw I've not had any flare ups doing it this way.

As for the back mounting screws and nuts. If you are refering to the mounting holes near the top for the guard the runs the length of the grill that covers the gas line for the rear burner, mine has all 5 screws and nuts in place. The screws are on the back side with the nuts in the inside of the grill. If you are refering to the 5 screws the hold the rear burner in place, mine also has 5 screws. Not sure if these screws require a nut, as I would need to take the rear guard off to take a look. For these the screws are but in from the inside of the grill.

Hope this helps.

Tim

o
RE: Members Mark BBQ Assembly

Tim...thanks...you've answered my questions. I'll get the other three screws and nuts and install them...thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here