Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for propane burner

Posted by madturtle (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 28, 08 at 9:49

I'm looking for a propane burner to put under a clam steamerthats about 3'x5'I'd like to get 3 burners that are about 5' long and space them apart so I can run 1 or 3 depending on the heat I need any help in finding them would be helpful thanks madturtle

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: looking for propane burner

Well I have a CampChef 3 burner stove that I bought at Costco several years ago that I keep on the back deck year round. I paid $150 for the Costco version and we do all our frying, steaming and shrimp/crab boils on it as well as cooking burgers and fajitas on a cast iron griddle. I keep it covered with a basic gas grill cover. This has 3 30,000 BTU burners and can cook most anything you want, I haven't fried a turkey on it but you could I think. It does pretty good at simmering if you can get the heat adjusted right too.

Academy Sports sells the 2 burner Weekender version for $99 as well as their store brand Outdoor Gourmet 3 burner that has the BBQ grill attachment for around $150 I think.

Here is a link that might be useful: CampChef stove

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here