SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lgbstew

Pictures of Larger Member's Mark Model Y0660

lgbstew
21 years ago

I just purchased the new Member's Mark model Y0660 from Sam's Club last week and have been using it extensively. First off I want to say that it is an awesome grill and has exceeded my every expectation. Prior to my purchase I had compared it to the smaller Virco unit at Costco. I would say that if you want a smaller grill and don't mind not having a built in smoker box and extra burner then go with the Virco. For me, I wanted a grill that I could easily build in later and that was comparable in size and quality to the Viking and DCS units I had been looking at for comparison. I really had no idea that this grill was as nice as it is. My wife had originally spotted it and told me to go look at it. I was very skeptical because first off it was at Sam's Club (no offense) and second for the price, $1,499.00, I figured it could not compare with the high end units I had been looking at for around $5000.

After seeing the unit and thoroughly checking it out I was proven wrong. It is solid double walled stainless throughout (drawers, cart, lid and cooking grates) and looks similar to the Virco unit only larger. I would say aside from size the other differences are that the lid is double walled stainless throughout and will probably not discolor from heat as easily. There is a seperate burner for the smoker box and this burner is stainless also. The remaining burners are heavy porcelain coated cast iron and appear very well made. There are two central pull out drawers on ball bearing glides and a seperate door on both the right and left of the drawers with the right door containing a paper towel holder and spice rack. The propane tank is fully enclosed on the left and is on a locking pull out slide. There is a seperate brass side burner and a rotissere with a steel encased motor unit that I haven't tried yet. There are also two stainless side shelves on each side that fold up and lock.

The unit is for the most part, welded and comes fully assembled on a steel pallet that was forklifted on the back of my pick up. It weighs about 450 lbs and you'll need at least 4 strong friends to help you unload it!

That's the long version and again I am very happy with it so far and would encourage you to go and look at each of the units for comparison. The Virco is a really nice unit and I know it's been beat to death already on this board but between the smaller Member's Mark and the Virco, I would have probably gone with the Virco. For me, I wanted a bit bigger grill with the built in smoker unit and something that I could build in later on and was willing to spend the extra money.

Here's the link to the pictures:

http://photos.yahoo.com/stewarr1

Comments (8)

Sponsored