Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What to do with Boneless Chuck Roast on Grill

Posted by loub5 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 12, 02 at 0:35

Hi All,

I got a great deal a few weeks ago for Black Angus Boleless Chuck Roast for 99 cents a LB, so I stucked up. After making several POT roast which were great I would like to try these on the grill(MM what a great grill). Anyone have any great tasting recipes and will also make this roast tender(wife hates tough meat). Got about 6 of these left need help real bad. Let me know

LOU

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What to do with Boneless Chuck Roast on Grill

Have you considered hamburger?

o

I know I can do that I want to have something different. Come on some must know something good to do with these

o

I deserve no credit for this "recipe" as it was posted by dannos on the members mark discussion part 2. I just recently purchased a couple of roasts to try it though! I copied it directly from his posting. He also recommends a rib cooking method. If you are interested in that you can go to that string and search on chuck roast!

Good luck-

Lee

Quick, delicious, cheap...
$1.99/lb chuck roast. Get an injector kit and inject it with Cajun Creole Garic, liberally sprinkle it with Cajun seasoning (both avaialbe at Menards), put in on the rotisserie for about 2 hours - 160 degress in the thick part will yield slightly pink. Chuck roast isn't round, so the ends that are closer to the IR burner will be extra crispy and spicey. I get my chuck roasts at Sam's - there's two in a package and I cook 'em both at the same time. Try the cajun seasoning on pork chops on the grill - it's great, but go easy on the Cajun seasoning cuz chops are a lot thinner than chuck roasts.

o

Whatever you do, cook it a low heat, slowly. That will help break down the gristle, which chuck has a lot of. Personally I like the taste of good quality chuck - it has more taste than many more expensive cuts. But it can be a bit chewy. And sometimes the cheaper grades can taste kind of lousy.

o

Lou,

Found this recipe for you. I think the secret to grilling a chuck Roast will be in a longer marinating to make the roast tender.

Good Luck.

Ann.

Here is a link that might be useful: chuck roast

o

Thanks everyone I will give these a try and let u know

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here