Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tec patio ii opinions?

Posted by ruxpin (My Page) on
Mon, May 8, 06 at 20:29

Does anyone have a TEC Patio II infrared grill and if so, what are your thoughts? I am interested in buying an infrared BBQ, but the high price is making me think twice about it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tec patio ii opinions?

No direct experience with with TEC. Do have infrared grill -- and the principals are the same with all. Mine is small Solaire knock-off and is WONDERFUL. Never go back to regular gas or charcoal. TEC is top-drawer product -- one of the best if not the best. I would have confidence. Once you've used infra-red everything else (except mesquite charcoal...but what a mess!) is second best by a large margin.

o

We've had our TEC for 5 years and love it. It took a little getting used to because it was sooooo much hotter than any other grill we've ever cooked on when it is on high. It does a fantastic job of searing. We are very glad we chose this grill. Definitely worth the money we spent.

o

We have had our TEC for 10 years and love it. It is well worth the cost.
I probably use it at least twice a week, year round and have never had to replace or repair any part of it.
I think you will like it.

o

I've been considering an infrared grill - either Solaire or TEC. What did you get? Does it also cook slowly? Did you consider dual fuel? what models and which fuels? Thanks for your thoughts!

o

I just ordered the Frontgate version as it is on sale for 25% off and if you search (it takes a bit of effort to find the coupon code) you can also get free shipping. It is the identical unit to the TEC Sterling G2000 FR except it is on a pedestal with the side wings and the warming tray versus the cart with side arms and drawers. If you order that version you will pay over $5000 while the FG one is $2995 on sale. I checked with several internet resellers and no one could match the FG price.

The newer units have several significant improvements in that they are 100% infrared and used a glass emitter. Clean up is made easy by design and that is a huge plus. Just in case anyone else is in the market.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here