Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do you need to secure a grill on the patio?

Posted by ncdel (My Page) on
Tue, May 6, 14 at 19:19

I live in a state that gets tornado warnings on occasion & the back of our house is like a wind tunnel in general during storms b/c there is nothing behind us... we are putting a patio on the back of the house & want to have the grill in a spot that does not back right up to the house but is accessible to the door that goes inside...my only concern is whether I need to be concerned about the grill blowing over in a bad storm? I know we could build a wall/area for it to go in but I don't really want to spend that $. Is it necessary to secure or are there other ways or is it really unlikely that a grill would blow over (It is a Weber 4 burner gas grill to give you an idea of size/weight).
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do you need to secure a grill on the patio?

I think a grill could blow over. I tie mine to my deck railing when hurricanes are expected. What about if you sunk a 4x4 into the ground a bit, in cement, behind the grill, cut it a bit shorter than the grill so you wouldn't see it so much, then you could tie the grill to it. You could drill a hole thru the 4x4 and put the rope through the hole.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here