Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Char-Broil replacement parts

Posted by malerntogo (My Page) on
Tue, May 29, 07 at 13:21

I have a Char-Broil Precision Flame 2000 gas grill and I am having difficulties finding a valve assembly for it. I contaced Char-broil and they said that if it is more than 5 years old they dont usually carry the parts. It really burns me up (pun intended) that the reward for properly caring for appliences I've purchased is a mad dash to find parts. What am I supposed to do...junk the whole unit? I have half a mind to never purchase anything from Char-Broil again but I am afraid the other manufacturers operate the same way.
Any suggestions/comments from any of you on where I might find the valve assembly. I've been to nearly all the other parts suppliers online and no luck. Thank you in advance for any ideas you might have...
FlameLess in Fresno

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Char-Broil replacement parts

What valve? I have replaced every part on my current grill with "generic" parts sold at Home Depot. You may have to replace a bunch of things due to mismatch with your existing parts but in the worst case you replace the whole gas system including burner, knob, regulator etc and that will be about $50 of parts. So unless its some irreplacable thing I think you can get by with generics. I have kept my old Sunbeam grill running for 20 years with continued replacements.

Scott

o

The problem with throwing money at a "junk" grill is that by the time you spend $50 each year to replace parts, at the end of 10 years, you will have spent more on the piece of junk than you would have on a good grill to start with.

o

Experienced something similar with CB grill. Have a low end one that I bought at the end of the season... maybe 3 years ago. One day last summer, ran out of gas. With the easier connector (no need for a wrench), coulda just reached around and disconnected. Lucky for me, I stepped off deck to have easier access. That's when I noticed a HUGE hole in gas line... maybe 2-3 inches long!?! After looking at it, obvious results of squirrels/chipmunk gnawing. WHole assembly connected by 2 screws behind knobs. So off to L or HD. Thought I found replacement (maybe $15), but holes on grill were just a little too close together. Dug up manual and part would have been $49.99 plus S+H! Grill was only about $100 when on sale.

In hindsight, probably coulda drilled another hole in front of grill, but didn't. I did a "redneck" conversion... until I can afford a new grill. Removed all the gas "guts", set in a patio brick (something like 6x12x1+) to semi-cover air vents in bottom, and now use charcoal. It's a bit tacky, but works great... till I can go back to gas.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here