SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
herus_gw

Around $600 budget - anything better than Weber Genesis?

herus
16 years ago

We actually purchased this grill last weekend at HD, but it is yet to be delivered along with a lot of larger items (new old house).

An article about infrared caught my eye this week and I got to wondering if I could do better. The Genesis looks really nice, has a great brand name, and is Consumer Reports' #1 rating this year. Still, human nature and all, I am thinking of maybe canceling and getting one with infrared.

We cook out perhaps once a week, family of four, around 500-550 sq in is enough. We rotate between chicken and beef, although I'd like to add fish and more veggies to the lineup. We do enjoy a nice seared steak now and then (buy from Sears?) but our old grill, while ok in its day, just couldn't do it lately. I am sure the Weber will be hotter, but of course not IR hot.

So... worth the possible extra to get the IR? We both love the Weber's look, and not crazy about the all-stainless look, that's just pref I know. Which grills around the $600 mark (if any) would be competitive with the Weber AND provide IR? Brand rep and quality are important of course.

TIA

Comments (7)

Sponsored