Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cooks Illustrated Grill ratings

Posted by Fairegold (My Page) on
Wed, May 21, 03 at 12:12

Cooks Illustrated Magazine has a new article testing gas grills, and it is available online. If the link doesn't work, try www.cooksillustrated.com, go to "Cook's Extra" and enter code 40310.

Here is a link that might be useful: grill test results

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cooks Illustrated Grill ratings

Thanks for the link. It was interesting reading. Keep us posted on your quest for a grill too!

o

I give the articles conclusions a ringing endorsement. A few years ago I had a snobby moment and bought a Weber Silver B gas grill instead of the usual $129 Charbroil. I also bought the Weber Big Book of Grilling to go along.
Now outdoor grilling has become a year long hobby which the whole family enjoys. On Sundays I plan out the meal, go to the farmers market, and then take my time and cook. Today I am making baby back ribs, baked potatoes, asparagus and zuccini all on the grill.

o

Can I come over for dinner??? Sounds great!

Do you know how those Weber A and B models compare? I know it's 2 burners vs 3... will that make a huge difference? There's about $100 difference in price.

And I am hoping that some of these will go on sale before the end of summer!

o

In my opinion, the 2 vs. 3 burners make all of the difference in the world. The secret to being able to slow cook meats on a grill is indirect cooking, or having burners on, without having one on under the meat. With three burners you can place like a whole chicken in the center of the grill without having fire directly underneath it, but have burners on on either side. You can do this with two burners, but it is harder to regulate the temperature inside the grill.
These grills typically do not go on sale. Also, save the gas when you decide to shop. These grills are priced exactly the same, regardless where you shop.
By the way, last nights dinner was awesome!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here