Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Holland Grill Use - Am I wrong???

Posted by Radman (My Page) on
Sat, May 18, 02 at 12:08

Hello Holland Grill users... we bought a Classic several years ago and we never got to go to any of the cooking classes. We are somewhat flustrated at it's use and may consider selling it.

I like hotdogs and burgers on regular grills and could never get them like I wanted them on the Holland; black and well done.

I feel the Holland is a perfect family dinner cooker ... not traditional griller ... is that a fair assessment?

Thanks,
Radman

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Holland Grill Use - Am I wrong???

Did you get a cookbook? I do not know of any cooking classes.
The real trick is to be sure to let the grill pre heat for 15 mins. ( longer in the winter ) Also, all cooking is done with the lid closed. Each time you open it, it must recover. It's a matter of time. If you want flame kissed, burnt food Holland is not going to do that. What you will get is a very moist cooked all the way through fine piece of meat. I have yet to cook anything on my grill that wasn't great ! When people come over they ask, " how do you get that to taste so good ? " I love mine, woundn't want any other grill.

o
RE: Holland Grill Use - Am I wrong???

Simply put, the Holland Grill is the best and most original gas grill on the market today. Not only does it produce a higher quality of cooking due to it's patented design but it is also the easiest grill to cook on I have ever encountered. You need to understand it's differences and how to use them to your advantage but when you do you will more than likely never cook on another product again. Yes, it is that good!

o
RE: Holland Grill Use - Hot dogs

A question was asked back in 02 about cooking hot dogs. I just purchased a vintage and my daughter wanted hot dogs for the first meal. I can find nothing about how long to cook a hot dog. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Bob

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here