Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finally Picture of Member's Mark Built-In Grill

Posted by waypoint (My Page) on
Tue, May 28, 02 at 11:55

Well I finally finished the built in gas grill project. My wife and I purchased our Members Mark grill last August 2001 with the money from our tax rebate check. And for 10 months it has been sitting in the two boxes in the living room. About 3 weeks ago, my wife manadated that I should get started building this brick island or risk her wrath. Well I started at my own pace until she put in an order for it to be completed by Memorial Day so we could use it. As a result, I kicked it into high gear and in one week, I completed brick built in gas grill. I ran the gas line, convert from LP to NG, poured a pad, bricked, tile, grouted, and other things. Here are pics of it.

Thanh "Waypoint"

Here is a link that might be useful: Pics of the Brick Built in Gas Grill

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finally Picture of Member's Mark Built-In Grill

Waypoint, you must be proud. That looks really good!
Plenty of tiled prep surface and that MM beauty smack in the middled. When's the party?

Lpsage

o

It looks terrific. How was the Memorial Day party? Did you like the performance of your new, beautiful grill?

o

Last year I did a search for built in projects and could never find any info. I've even posted on here acouple of times to see if anyone had done this before. To no avail, I couldn't get to one DIY project for grills. So, I hope that my completed project will be able to help others out there contemplating building there own built in brick grill.

Memorial Day BBQ was great. I rotissereed two teriyaki injected chickens and they were great. We also grilled some pork ribs, rib-eyes, kabobs, and pork loins. Everything was superbs. The grill is better that I ever expected. I literally turned on the rotisseree and walked away until they were done. Couple of questions. I cleaned and oiled the covered but still have that browning problem othere have talked about. Whats the best way to clean the cover.
Thanks for visiting.

o

Waypoint,
Time to go to work again! Get a can of Barkeepers Friend in the cleaners section(metal polishes like Brasso) where cleansers and such are in your supermarket. Get a small bucket of water and a sponge, have your hose at the ready
and wet the sponge, sprinkel it with Bar Keepers Friend....let it sit for a minute and then scrub in the direction of the "grain". Then rinse with your hose, let it dry completely and get a can of Stainless Steel Magic(about $5.00/can at Lowe's) and polish it up with a soft cloth.
It'll look like new and stay looking good for awhile.

Lpsage

o

Wow, that looks awesome. I'm considering buying this grill for my husband for father's day but we eventually want to build in to a patio. I'm printing out your pictures as a guide! Thanks!

o

Waypoint, great work! Have you considered putting together a step by step instructional with dimensions and materials list along with your pics for those of us who are very novice in trying to figure out how to do what you did? I am not very handy at brick laying but from your pics I may be able to hire someone to do this job. Again, great looking setup.

o

if the grills stays over 500 degrees for more then 5 minutes it can cause discoloring of the stainless steel.The only thing I know that removes it and restores the finish is called flitz and is sold at flitz.com
:-D

o

Any chance of posting a new picture link? The old one seems to be broken. Thx!

o

^Link? I wonder if he even has the grill anymore!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here