Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
BBQ Acessories, must have

Posted by Darkmenace (My Page) on
Wed, May 8, 02 at 11:14

Well it be $200 or $800 grills there are a hand full of accessories that make cooking out a pleasure, which have you found most useful? With me a good set of stainless BBQ Tools in a plastic case is a much better choice then the wooden long handle ones of old. I also found a good pair of gloves that fit over your fore arms is also a good accessory like the sunbeam Heavy Duty Leather Mitts which I found for $4.99 at a local discount store. I haven't tried any of the Digital meat probe Thermometer things yet but I do have one of the electronic Thermometer forks which seams to be accurate. Haven't got the smoker box right yet but wondering if the flavor woods really make a difference. I don't see any big smoke coming from the grill when i used a smoker box last time. I have used Mesquite, Hickory, Cherry & Apple also have another wood but don't remember it's name.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: BBQ Acessories, must have

Hi, you mentioned several excellent accessories in your post. BBQng, like any other task, can go much smoother and easier if one is equipped with sufficient tools. I don't profess to be an expert, but I have been grilling and smoking meat for the past 10-12 years, and have picked up a lot of good tips here and there. Regarding your question aboout whether the flavored woods do any good, plus your inability to produce decent smoke,what kind of cooker do you have? It would help to know before attempting to answer your questions. Thanks. Mike

o
RE: BBQ Acessories, must have

Sunbeam grill and i'm using them small cast iron smoker box you can buy for gas grills. This year i got 2 of them and was wondering if it's better to soak the wood in something other than water?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here