Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
the best flavor!

Posted by dordogs (My Page) on
Sat, May 30, 09 at 10:52

Hi everyone! I've been reading about infrared/ radiant gas grills and wonder what the flavor is like using these? Do they provide a similair flavor that a gas grill does? Is it a flavor as good as charcoal provides? Are they reliable over time? I want to replace my (messy)charcoal grill and have used a plain old gas grill in the past but I'm looking for the best flavor (like you might get in a high quality restaurant) possible. Also is there a difference between infrared and radiant cooking that I should be aware of in making a product decision? THANK YOU for any comments or suggestions! dordogs

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: the best flavor!

Actually, I have tried it once and I think charcoal grill is the best.

o
RE: the best flavor!

Our gas grill has infrared on the rotisserie and whatever we cook tastes fabulous! Sometimes we put foil packets of soaked chips in there (punched so the smoke can add flavor), and that works well too. The gas grills both work fine, and I'm not sure what they would do without soaked chips for the smoke.

If you have a vineyard (which we do), use those cut up prunings as soaked chips! Yummy smoke!! And serve the wine from your vines while you watch the BBQ! Oh my! Nothing bettah!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here