Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Will price of Grill get better closer to Father's Day?

Posted by scottv (My Page) on
Tue, May 7, 02 at 10:49

I am looking at a grill and wondered if prices generally go down around Father's Day, or do they go up because retailers know people will be buying grills regardless. Just trying to see if I should buy now or later.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Will price of Grill get better closer to Father's Day?

I think prices are pretty much the same year round, with occasional discounts of $10 or so, but not much more. At least this is the case here in Southern California. For example, unlike most seasonal summer items (pool stuff, patio sets, etc.) which tend to have deep discounts later in the summer, grills are considered year-round items and their prices remain fairly consistent.

The better thing to do is to look for discountinued items that are being liquidated (last year's model, for example, or when a retailer no longer is carrying a certain manufacturer and is liquidating its inventory). I was comtemplating whether or no to spend the big bucks on a Weber (which I probably will do next time around), when I saw a Sunbeam which normally sells for $200 (with 44,000 BTU's, large cooking area, etc.) marked down to $100 at Home Depot (they no longer will be carrying Sunbeams). I thought it was a good enough deal to put off buying the Weber for a couple of years : ).

Happy hunting!

Susan

o
RE: Will price of Grill get better closer to Father's Day?

I work pt-time at H.Depot and last year on Father's Day, there were no "assembly" fees. They may offer that again, or they may offer a free tank exchange (you get an empty when you buy and it's around $19.50 to get a full tank-at least where I'm at in NC). I think the assembly fee is $25. WELL worth paying, I might add. I hated putting mine together! The only tradeoff is you need a truck to haul an assembled unit home!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here