Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Charbroil's Gas/Charcoal Grill ???

Posted by Patty_WV (My Page) on
Mon, May 26, 03 at 10:33

Does anyone have one?
I just bought one,and have a couple questions.
I've already used it using the charcoal,and that was great.
Very easy cleanup.

After looking over all the paperwork that came with it,I see no mention of how to use it with just the gas.
Does it take Lavarock,or something else?It has a metal tent that covers the flame,and I guess protects the gas apparatus.Because of this I thought it used lava rock or something like it.Maybe ceramic?
I went to the Charbroil website,and did'nt learn anything more than what was in the paperwork.
Thanks for any help you can offer.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Charbroil's Gas/Charcoal Grill ???

Some of the new grills don't use lava rock or ceramic. The bar/tent covering the burner is what they call a flavour bar, dripping hit the bar and burn off giving you the flavour, the rest of the drippings are usually caught in a can attached to the under side of the grill.
My sister got one like this last year, she hasn't had any complaints that I'm aware of. Happy grilling!

David

o

Thanks David.I finally decided the same thing.
I tried the beer butt chicken over the weekend,and we loved it.It was so moist.I used the gas on low,and checked it with the meat thermometer.It took about 2 hours.
I sprinkled the outside with Cajun seasoning,as well as adding it to the beer along with garlic cloves.
Wrapped some seasoned potatoes in foil and had a cold beer while it all cooked.
My way of cooking.

o

Flavor flavor flavor... lol don't know what I was thinking when I typed that lol.
The beer butt chicken is good isn't it. Love your way of cooking.... hot grill... cold beer.... you can't go wrong!!

David

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here