SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hgluckman_gw

New Built-in BBQ needed

hgluckman
14 years ago

We've had a built-in BBQ Grill for the last 18 years. We're actually on our second Turbo (4-burner) with natural gas from BBQ Galore (about 10 years old, now). The wall/island that it's built into needs to be restuccoed, so I had to pull it out the other day, and came to find that it's in even in worse shape than I thought - I'm not the best when it comes to maintenance.

To fix up the Turbo, I would need new burners, new cooking grates, and a new grate for holding the ceramic bricks. Also, the gas channels in the back are rusted out, which I'm sure is not a good thing. I'm waiting to hear back from BBQ Galore with a quote for those parts, and also a quote on a new grill from them.

In the meantime, I've started to research others with the help of this forum, and I've got it down to four models, but I'd be happy to get other suggestions. I need a grill that will fit in a 30-in wide space, runs on NG, and would like to have it split between IR and conventional burners.

The model that has me most interested is the Prestige II from Napoleon (BIPT450RBI). I've seen a wide range of prices on these from just over $900 from Zoobler to $1260 from a bunch of places. Has anyone used the Zoobler wholesale club? It seems like these are primarily available in Stainless Steel, but Zoobler has at least some in color, too.

The other grills I'm looking at are the Broilmaster R3BN ($1170 from BBQ Guys), MHP WHRG4DD ($1330) and the MHP THRG2 ($1398).

Thoughts and opinions are welcome!

Comments (3)

Sponsored