Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do Weber grills go on sale?

Posted by firsthome (My Page) on
Mon, May 21, 07 at 9:52

My husband has his heart set on a Weber Summitt s-650, but at $1699 plus tax...it is about double what I thought we would originally spend. I do agree with him the grill looks great is a solid built grill that will last a very long time.

Do Weber grills ever go on sale? I saw some discounted grills online but the few websites I saw discounted prices at didn't get the best ratings. I am afraid they are shady and they are not authorized dealers, so I am afraid to purchase from them.

Target is running a sale at 15% off, but they charge a very high shipping rate and sales tax, so when I factor that in they are more expensive than getting it at our local store.

The only option I have seen is buying it at an authorized out of state online dealer and saving sales tax.

Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations on where to buy a weber grill? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do Weber grills go on sale?

I believe Weber enforces a specific price point for their grills so you should expect similar prices at authorized retailers and etailers. At least this was my experience about 2 years ago.

The only time I have ever see Webers on sale is at the end of the grilling season. I got mine for quite a bit off but it was a floor model which they needed to clear out for next year's model. I have been very satisfied with it so I hope you will be as well. I have also found Weber to have good customer service.

BTW, you do not get around sale tax by buying from an out of state etailer. It is highly likely you live in a State that has Use Tax. It is basically sales tax that was not collected by the seller and by law, you are supposed to report your out of state purchases and pay the tax. In practice, it is not easy for States to enforce.

o
RE: Do Weber grills go on sale?

Mine was bought at a True Value hardware store that was having a Fathers Day Weber sale. It was a great sale.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here