Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which BBQ would you choose?

Posted by pugwinkle (My Page) on
Mon, May 1, 06 at 8:03

I have my eye on two different BBQ's. Both are made by Broil King.

I would love some feed back on which BBQ you would choose of these two and why?

The first choice is a BBQ that is exclusive to Home Hardware stores. It's a Sovereign 90S. It features:

52,000 BTU Triple Stainless Steel Dual-Tube burner system, 5 year warranty
10,000 BTU SS side burner
18,000 BTU SS rear rotisserie burner
Rotisserie kit
Solid stainless steel cooking grids
SS Flavour wave cooking system
Therma cast oven with SS wrap
SS cabinet doors
Bonus Q light

Regular price $849.99 on sale for 749.99

The other model is at our Co-op store and it's a bit different. It's a Broil King Regal XL90. It features:

52,000 BTU Super 8 Infinity burner
10,000 SS side burner
18,000 SS rear rotisserie burner
SS Flavour wave cooking system
Porcelain coated multi position cast iron cooking grids
Uni Cast aluminum oven with SS insert
Heavy gauge SS cabinet with SS doors

Regular price $769.99 on sale for $699.99

Both have pretty much the same cooking area and they share many other features. I am confused as to which is better, SS grids or cast iron and which burner system would be superior, the Super 8 infinity or the new dual tube burner system?

Thx,

Denise

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which BBQ would you choose?

Well.. Both of those sound like one of my grills now relegated to sitting on the side yard since it was rusting and otherwise falling apart after a life span of ~5 years. I've since replaced it with a ceramic cooker (Kamado) that has very few parts that can rust (all stainless steel) or otherwise die after a few years. I guess it depends on what you expect out of your BBQ and what sort of uses you're planning on using it for.. I'd really spend some time pondering over that one question -- how are you planning on using this "new" grill? The only reason I mention this is because some grills just can't do certain things at all or easily. Few grills are good at lots of tasks, and I doubt either of these is capable of doing low-n-slow cooks for 20+ hours at low temps over indirect heat which is required for certain BBQ tasks.. Also -- neither of these are capable of doing any sort of smoking if that interests you.. Anyway, just thought I'd make you aware before you plonked down almost $800 for a grill that may or may not do what you want.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here