Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
MM YO66O can infrared burner be added

Posted by mikensx (mikensx@comcast.net) on
Sun, Apr 6, 08 at 21:39

I have a MM Y0660 and love it, but I'd like an infrared searing burner. Can I replace one of the regular burners with an IR burner?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: MM YO66O can infrared burner be added

when I was looking at grills to buy it seemed to me that all the infrared did was distribute the heat better. They seem to use the same amount of fuel or less. I think MM makes one with an infrared burner but who knows if it would fit. Someone that understands these things could probably make you one they don't look all that complex.

o
RE: MM YO66O can infrared burner be added

Well. I've given up trying to add an IR burner to my MM grill. Plus, I love the grill the way it is and a lot of the foods I cook would not be good on an IR grill. I broke down and solved the problem by purchasing a Solaire 27" 32,000 BTU IR grill to use as a searing station. I hope I like it. It's a lot of money down the drain if I don't.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here