SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alicemagooey

foraging for 'wild edibles'

alicemagooey
19 years ago

i used to forage for wild foods.and prepare them over the campfire
I want to do more of it,beause a person can do quite well,apparently,with all the varieties of things readily available.in the wild.

I used to love reading Euell Gibbons books (he was a wild foods foraging expert) and trying to find things,and prepare them to make them palatable.
..We used to do VERY well picking wild asparagus and also using lots of nettles as a cooked green..(using the water makes a really fine hair conditioning rinse also,believe it or not.)(leaves your hair really soft and manageable!)(it is just the picking of the thing which is the problem.!!)size="1"

my questions

it would be nice to have someone who is knowledgeable on the topic of "picking and preparing 'wild foods'".mushrooms also would be good to know about..but we certainly would need a 'pro' in that line.

• has anyone in this forum any experience along these lines.?you would like to share.

• i have put a suggestion in to begin a new forum topic in gardenweb specifically for wild edibles,but it could and perhaps should be addressed in a group like this..here.

• .any input on that from any of you?
    I think this forum probably "picks up" a lot this time of year thru summer..i perhaps will refresh this post a few times..

hope for responses..of some sort..whether

• personal experiences
  • references
  • ideas
  • other

alice

Comment (1)

Sponsored