Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new grill/smoker

Posted by victory_tea2085 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 1, 12 at 11:08

Just ordered a Smoke Hollow trimate gas/charcoal/smoker and should have it shortly. It comes with a firebox on the side of the charcoal grill- can someone explain to me exactly what a firebox does?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new grill/smoker

That's used for smoking, where you would have the fire and coals in the side box only. The heat and smoke cook indirectly. It's also useful for long-term grilling if you need to have hot coals for a long time. You can keep putting fresh materials in the box to make more coals to move into the grill. The owners' manual should give you some ideas to get you started.

o

So I could smoke a turkey using only the firebox? Thanks for your reply "purpleinopp".

o

Since my grill doesn't have the firebox, I couldn't confirm this or give you instructions, but in theory, yes you can.

Try some of the links:

Here is a link that might be useful: google

o

I always wonder why people like you post replies that say absolutely nothing- you don't think I know how to google? I wanted the experience of GardenWeb members to answer my questions- but none like you. Here's a link for you-
http://www.fanpop.com/spots/sarcasm/links/1592359/title/75-sarcastic-remarks

o

purpleinopp, you have my sincerest apology- I have since learned that your link was more than just google- sorry, I was to quick to jump to conclusions but now realize you were trying to be helpful!!
Regards
Paul

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here