Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gazebo getaways are they worth it?

Posted by floyd_devoid (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 17, 08 at 0:51

I can't find a forum for patio accessories so I'd like to post this question here. I've been looking in to getting one of those patio gazebos or what ever they call them. They are a little tent like and have bug screen flaps, metal frames, and canvas tops. Some of them are large enough to cover an outdoor picnic table. They sell them at Lowes, home Depot and even Target. Has anyone had any experience with one of these? Can they be taken down during the winter? do they hold up to wind? I'd like to get one but I don't want to waste my money either. A get away from the bugs and sun sounds great.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gazebo getaways are they worth it?

Floyd, there a few posts about gazebo's in the patio & decks forum. These are fine temporary sun shades but they are vulnerable to wind & weather damage. I'd recommend securing it properly. And removing or covering the fabric during storms or off season.

I have one. They are nice for an outdoor party. Especially accented with lights. The screens help cut down on bugs too. But you need at least 2 people for assembly. And some fall apart quicker than others. Spending more doesn't always guarantee better quality. Read online reviews if possible.

Good luck.

o
RE: Gazebo getaways are they worth it?

A friend of mine keeps one up all summer next his pool deck. We use it at night to play cards. It is really nice for that use. Also, when people come to the pool, people with infants use it to keep the babys out of the sun and away from the bugs. His is open on all sides with screens that go all the way to the ground.

With that said, his is pretty rickety. I think he bought it at one of those odd lot type stores for $100.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here