SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jethro_gw

Uneven heating due to incline?

jethro
17 years ago

I just purchased a Weber Spirit E-310 LP gas grill (3 burners) and used it for the first time this evening. I normally use keep my grill on the back patio, but since I had just unloaded it (and because of showery weather), I decided to grill on my sloped front driveway.

I put two tuna cans of soaked Hickory chips in for a little bit of smoke, one in the front and one in the back. By the time the grill had reached cooking temp, the rear can had burst into flames, whereas the front can was barely even smoldering. When I went to cook the chicken thighs, I noticed that the back burner was burning hotter than all the rest, the middle was not quite as hot, and the front was barely warm enough to sear the meat -- despite all of them being at the same setting.

So I'm wondering, could the small degree of incline have something to do with the uneven heating of the grill?

Weber grills have always been know for even heat... it seems odd that I would have this issue. If I get another chance to grill this week, I will try to find a more level spot (or use leveling blocks) to see if it makes a difference.

Comment (1)

Sponsored