Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grill Recommendations

Posted by razorback_fan (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 24, 07 at 22:12

Hello all,
Newbie here. My husband and I are in the market to buy a new grill and would like some recommendations. We are looking for a LP grill in the $700 to $1000 range. We have been looking at the Jenn-air grills at lowes. We've also looked at the grills at Sam's club. side burners aren't necessary, but would like a rotisserie. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grill Recommendations

I think Home Depot has Ducane grills in that price range. You might want to look at those, too.

o

Avoid Perfect Flame from Lowes

Bought the model SLG2006G six burner grill about 20 months ago. While the grill cooked well, the burners have rotted out and because of they way they are put in, the screws cannot be removed to take them out.

It is a Lowes exclusive, but lowes doesn't even carry parts for it.

Customer service appears to be a joke.

Get a Weber, at least they have parts available at many locations.

To hell with Lowes and its Perfect Flame

o

Addendum to above post.

The grill was bought April 2, 2006. Even worse than I thought.

But after being on the phone for 45 min, finally got someone. With proof of purchase, they'll send five new burners. But I have to deal with five frozen screws.

Not well made or well designed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here