SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lawn_slave

Trying again to trust a gas grill.

lawn_slave
17 years ago

Hey y'all. First time post here in the Cooking Outdoors forum so go easy on me.

Back in 1995 I bought a $120 Sunbeam gas grill (I know, I know, "tight-wad"). I loved it for the first summer then reality kicked in. Flare-ups outta this world, rusted components from squirting water on the flames, perpetual grime and sooty build-up, replaced burner after 1 year of the deadly flare-up-water-bottle cycles, over and over, etc... I happily gave up on gas grills all together after that terrible experience and went back to charcoal grilling for the next 12 years on a big New Braunfels.

Well, here starts my quandary. The New Braunfels is retiring and IÂm trying to find a good reason to go back to gas grilling thinking that perhaps most of my prior gas grilling nightmares came from me being too cheap to buy a decent gas grill.

That said, IÂm looking into the $398 "Uniflame 48,000-BTU 4-Burner Stainless Steel Gas Grill LP" at Walmart (Link: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5280784#Warranty+Information

)

Can someone tell me that I wonÂt have quite the flare-up nightmares of my past if I go with a unit like this? Or maybe tell me that gas grills have come a long way since 1995 and that my Sunbeam cheapo erroneously ruined my gas grilling experience?

Comments (6)

Sponsored