SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
demark_gw

Porcelain Coated Cast vs Stainless

demark
18 years ago

We just bought a new Kenmore grill (16326). Sears had a good sale going on and we had collected a bunch of gift cards over the years which really got the price down.

It appeared that the 16326 replaced the 16327 model from last year. They had the same form factor and same MSRP, but the 16327 was not in the 2006 catalog and had a steeper discount.

The main differences are:

- The 16327's exterior is primarily porcelain coated with some stainless parts, whereas the 16326's exterior is primarily stainless with a few porcelain coated parts.

- The primary cooking surface is made of up 5 grates - one for each burner. The 16327 comes with stainless steel cooking grates, while the 16326 has porcelain coated cast iron ones.

So, for the new model year, it appears the stainless was taken from the inside and put on the outside and the porcelain that was on the outside was moved to the inside.

My question is which cooking surface is supposedly "better"? I might have an opportunity to change out the cast with SS - should I take it? Note, in doing so, I would not be getting rid of the cast grates, I would just not using them.

Thanks,

- Tony

Comments (2)

Sponsored