Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
outdoor kitchen bbq island steel studs

Posted by lora03 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 5, 07 at 14:19

I'M NEW TO WORKING WITH STEEL STUDS, BUT EXPERIENCED WITH DO IT YOURSELF PROJECTS. I PLAN ON MAKING AN OUTDOOR KITCHEN ON MY PAVER PATIO, HAVE A JENNAIR BBQ WITH SIDE BURNERS, NEW LAST YEAR SO HAVE TO WORK AROUND THAT. BOUGHT A SS SINK WITH ICE & CONDINMENT BINS AT LOWES. WANT A REFRIG, BUT NOT FOR OUTDOORS, TOO EXPENSIVE. ANY INPUT ON INDOOR REFRIGERATORS ABOUT 4 - 5 CUBIC FEET? PLAN ON KEEPING IT UNPLUGED & OFF THE GROUND SOMEWHAT PROTECTED FROM ELEMENTS, & BRING IT INSIDE IN WINTER OR RAINY WEATHER. LIVE IN NEW YORK. PLAN ON A L SHAPED, REF, SINK ON LEFT, BBQ (4 1/2')IN CENTER, SEATING W/BAR 4-6 STOOLS ON RIGHT. BBQ & SINK ARE ON WHEELS. I AM CONCERNED ABOUT BACKERBOARD GETTING WET ON THE BOTTOM. SHOULD I THINK OF PUTTING IT ON WHEELS? WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF 2 1/2 STUDS S/B USED OR 3 5/8. PLAN ON HAVING STUCCO FINISH, (I THINK 3 COATS) WITH GLAZED PORCELAIN TILE FOR TOPS. PLAN ON USING AVIATION CUTTER, NOT HIGH POWERED TOOLS. HOW DOES THIS SOUND? ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANK YOU. VIC

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: outdoor kitchen bbq island steel studs

We live in SoCal so our weather is a bit different. We didn't use steel studs so I can't help you there. But we are using an indoor refrig. The unit sits 2 inches off the ground on slats, there's a slight overhang on the countertop so it's pretty much protected. We had a friend who did the same and their refrig lasted 10 years before the rust started getting bad. We also put in an outdoor GFI(?) so if it does short out it won't hurt anyone.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here