Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Members Mark Grills at Sam's Club

Posted by snappy (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 17, 02 at 10:24

I have been looking for a new grill and saw the new large Members Mark model in Sam's Club. I wanted to know if the model came in NG but no one working in the store seemed knowledgable. I e-mailed the company but no one has gotten back to me yet. Does anyone know if it comes in NG or how hard it would be to convert?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Members Mark Grills at Sam's Club

I just purchased the new mark's member gas grill mod #YO660 from Sams Club for 1499.00.
This is the larger one with the the LP tank enclosed in the stainless steel cabinet.
The grill's manual said that it could not be converted to natural gas.
I do not have a problem with that.
The manual also suggested a 24 in. clearance on all sides of the grill.

o

Snappy,

If you are refering to the $599 model, they don't offer an NG model or conversion kit. Not sure on the new "Big" grill that is going for $1500.

There have been several posts about converting these grills to NG here in this forum.

I know you said you emailed the manufacture (Grand Hall). You could try an give them a call: 800-770-9769 M-F 8:00am to 4:30pm CST or 214-349-1097

Anyways, check out a couple other threads (I've posted the link below) in this forum about these grills. Lots of information has been posted over the years. The first one is mainly about converting grills from LP to NG. Maybe this will help you out. The second link just has lots of information about these grills in general and I think it has over 100 posts in it, so plan on taking some time to read it all.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/bbq/msg0822100824089.html?9

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/bbq/msg09144256657.html?42

o

Is there some place that I could find anything on using the backburner for cooking.

o

I use the back burner when I cook with the rotisserie

o

Yes, the $1499 model comes in Natural Gas!

o

I have baked excellant pizza using my MM grill. Place a 16"x16"x2" concrete patio block on the cooking grids and in the center. You will want to bake this patio block for at least one hour the first time to burn out residue. Preheat grill, preheat grill, preheat grill! The grill and the pation block must be at temperature for at least one half hour, I prefer one hour. I cooked pizza on steel pizza pans on the patio block at 600 degrees (all three burners)for 15 to 20 minutes. If you like a wood fire flavor add some chips to a chip tray. Some sausage containing pork may have to be pre-cooked slightly other wise I've had no trouble with doneness.
This really rates as high on the goodness level as rotisserie chicken or turkey!!

When will we see brass burners available from Grand Hall?

o

HI,FIRST THE $599.00 GRILL-Y0101XC IS NOT AVAILABLE IN NG BUT A NEW MODEL WILL BE OUT IN NOV. CALLED THE Y0202XC AND THAT ONE WILL BE IN NG.THE $1500 GRILLS NOW COME IN NG OR LPG.
AS FAR AS BURNERS GO-THE CAST IRON BURNERS SELL FOR 12.00 EACH AND IF COATED WITH COOKING OIL WILL LAST INDEFINATELY.
WHEN THEY ARE DRY THOUGH THEY WILL RUST.(LIKE THE CAST IRON FRYING PANS)NEW BURNERS IN STAINLESS STEEL WILL BE AVAILABLE IN JANUARY FROM GRAND HALL AND WILL COST ABOUT 50$ EACH.CAST IRON RETAINS HEAT MUCH BETTER AND IS PREFERRED BY THE DESIGNERS OF THE GRILLS.

o

Where can you buy the cast iron grill's for $12 each?

o

Cast stainless would be nice...

o

sorry so slow
To order relacement burners just call grand hall at 1-800-770-9769 they take visa,mc or discover (checks too)
have your model # ready.Feel free to ask questions on grill operation and care .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here